As Christians, we are admonished to observe the principles of modesty and the glorification of God (1 Corinthians 10:31). Parents carry the responsibility to ensure these principles are expressed in their home and to teach children how to be well-groomed. Cornerstone Christian School has adopted a campus wear dress code, best described as a school uniform with various options in styles and colors. It is our goal to create a visual appearance of neat and orderly dress appropriate for school.
- Student uniforms must be purchased from Lands’ End School Uniform Catalog (Preferred School Number: 900045253), JC Penney School Uniform Catalog, or Meijer French Toast Uniforms.
- Student uniforms should be neat, clean, and orderly at all times (shirts and tops must be tucked in with a solid colored belt). Clothing should “fit” the student, no oversized uniforms.
- All clothing worn inside the building must be uniform clothing. Students arriving in non-uniform clothing will remain in the office until a parent can bring their uniform.
- Hair should be neat, tidy and avoid extremes in style and color. For all students, hair should be cut to stay out of the students’ eyes. For boys, hair should not be longer than the bottom of the ear or the base of the neck.
Please select uniforms from the catalog sources ONLY using the following guidelines:
- Boy’s slacks (traditional or cargo) or shorts – navy or khaki in color
- Boy’s shirts – solid white or blue oxford
- Boy’s polo or turtleneck shirts – any solid color from the catalog
- Boy’s sweaters and vests – any solid color from the catalog
- Boy’s belts – any regular length belt, solid-colored
- Boy’s socks – solid white, solid black, or solid navy
- Boy’s shoes – any shoe that covers the entire foot – shoes need to permit outdoor activity and must be neat and clean (no sandals, no boots indoors – boots being any footwear that goes above the ankle)
- Girl’s skirts, skorts, scooter skirts, jumpers – navy, khaki, or plaid (longer length, please)
- Girl’s slacks (traditional or cargo) or shorts – navy or khaki in color
- Girl’s blouses and shirts – solid white or blue
- Girl’s polo shirts, dresses, or turtleneck shirts – any solid color from the catalog
- Girl’s sweaters and vests – any solid color from the catalog
- Girl’s belts – any regular length belt, solid-colored
- Girl’s socks, tights, and leggings – solid white, solid black, or solid navy
- Girl’s shoes – any shoe covering the entire foot – shoes need to permit outdoor activity and must be neat and clean (*no clogs, high heels, elevated soles, sling-backs, sandals, or boots indoors – boots being any footwear that goes above the ankle)
Spirit Wear can be worn to school every day as a part of the CCS uniform and purchased at the beginning of the school year.
Boys’ and Girls’ Physical Education Uniforms
- Students in all grades should keep a separate pair of gym shoes in their lockers for P.E.
- Middle school students will wear the following uniform for P.E.:
- Shirts: “Essential Tee” is evergreen (to be purchased from Lands’ End School Uniforms)
- Shorts: Any long-length, nylon sport shorts with no writing
- Students should also have a labeled gym bag to hold their change of clothes
- Students will take their uniform home each week to be laundered
CCS Uniforms – Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can my daughter choose any plaid for her jumper/skirt/skort?
A. Yes, as long as the jumper/skirt/skort is from one of our school uniform sources (Lands’ End, JC Penney, Meijer French Toast), all plaid options are permitted.
Q. Are black or grey pants, skirts, and jumpers (etc.) permitted?
A. No, please purchase only navy or khaki.
Q. When is a belt required?
A. Any pants, shorts, or skirts with belt loops must be worn with a belt.
Q. My child is in Kindergarten and cannot easily handle a belt when using the restroom. What should we do?
A. Children in Kindergarten are permitted to be without a belt to make restroom visits easier.
Q. Lands’ End has a new rugby-style shirt. Is that part of our uniform?
A. No, our shirts include oxfords, polo shirts, and turtlenecks.
Q. What about striped shirts?
A. Our uniform sources have a wide variety of solid colors. Please purchase only solid colors.
Q. Are nylon slacks permitted?
A. The fabric is cotton for our uniform pants.
Q. During the winter, if students need sweaters in the classrooms, do these need to be uniform sweaters?
A. All clothing worn inside the school building must be uniform clothing, including uniform sweaters and Spirit Wear sweatshirts/hoodies.
Q. Are the students permitted to wear CCS Spirit Wear to school?
A. Yes, students may wear Spirit Wear tops as part of their uniform every day.
We hope that this helps to clarify some of the questions you may have about our uniform.
If you have any further questions about clothing you will be purchasing for school, please ask before purchasing. This will save you the frustration of spending money on clothes and finding out later that they are not permitted for school use.
Thank you, in advance, for your help!