The students, the parents and the teachers and staff are all blessed when families become involved in student life at the school. Here at CCS, we have some very active parents' groups.
CCS Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
The Cornerstone Christian School PTO exists to provide an opportunity for parents to meet one another, gain a greater insight into the school’s programs, and actively participate in activities that benefit all students and teachers. PTO members volunteer time, energy, and talents to bless our school in a variety of ways. All parents are invited to attend the monthly PTO meeting to learn about upcoming events and volunteer opportunities. Participating in the PTO is a great way to enrich each family’s
experiences at CCS.
Monthly meetings will ordinarily be held on the first Monday of the Month at 2:30pm. The principal will either be in attendance or be filled-in on areas of discussion following the meetings. If there are items that require CCS Board Approval, a representative of the PTO will attend the first part of the School Board Meeting to discuss. (Board Meetings are ordinarily on the first Tuesday of the month at 6:00pm.)
Areas of Service:
• CCS Development
• Beautification/Decorating (Holidays, Entrance)
• Organizing (Lost and Found, Uniform Donations, Library)
• Care and Prayer (Family Care with Meal Trains, Prayer)
• School Christian Service Projects (Monthly – Local and International)
• Free Money Coordinator (Box Tops, Smile.Amazon.com)
• Student Council Coordinator
• Teacher Encouragement (Luncheons, etc.)
• Lunchroom Help (Weekly, Bi-Weekly)
• Fun Activities (February Heart Health Month, March is Reading Month, Popcorn Friday)
Moms in Prayer
Moms in Prayer is worldwide ministry that gathers mothers and grandmothers together to intercede for their children and schools. To find a group for your child's school contactMoms in Prayer International. All women are welcome to join our group weekly on Monday at 8:00 am in the Art Room. Contact email@example.com.
A ministry for mothers of young children (formerly MOPS). Childcare available. Registration required for moms and children, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register or with questions! Meets Tuesdays 2x per month, 9:15 – 11:15am, in Cornerstone's Celebration Center.